Conveniently located in the centre of New Zealand, the tranquil Marlborough region is renowned for the stunning Marlborough Sounds and fabulous food and wine, making it the ideal conference or incentive group location.
Marlborough has a range of venues and facilities for your next conference or business event. Whether it is an executive meeting overlooking the vines, a small conference down in the Marlborough Sounds or a large conference at the Convention Centre, Marlborough can cater for a range of conferences and business events.
There are also a multitude of options for incentive groups, and pre or post conference activities, in the region.
The content on this page has been designed to provide you with all the information and inspiration you need for your next conference or incentive visit to Marlborough.
Find out what's new, how to get here, and download useful tools such as videos, images and venue information.
Feel free to get in touch if you need further information.
Trade Development Manager
Plan your conference - venues, accommodation, activities and transport
- Centrally located within New Zealand
- Easily accessed by air, sea, rail and car
- Purpose built convention centre
- Multitute of venues and facilities in the region
- World class food and wine
- Home of the stunning Marlborough Sounds
- Good range of accommodation with over 800 rooms in the region
- Plenty of pre or post conference activities
The Marlborough Convention BureauThe Marlborough Convention Bureau is made up of 15 members.Destination Marlborough has a dedicated Convention Bureau Manager who can offer assistance and advice for those considering the Marlborough region as a conference location.The Marlborough Convention Bureau can assist you with:
- Ideas for the your conference programme, activities, entertainment, partner programmes as well as pre and post tour options.
- Providing free use of image and AV, maps and regional brochures.
- Assistance with the coordination of familiarisations and onsite inspections of venues, accommodation and service providers helping you to reach the destination.
- Providing support for bid documents for Marlborough to be successful in hosting your conference.
- Organising an i-SITE registration desk to welcome your delegates to the region and provide them with regional information
Please contact the Bureau if you require further information by emailing email@example.com.
Where is Marlborough and how do I get there?
Getting your delegates to Marlborough is a breeze. Marlborough Airport is located 7km from Blenheim and close to accommodation and attractions.
There are five flights daily from Auckland, as well as direct flights from Wellington and Christchurch each day. We are also a sensational ferry journey across from Wellington, or a scenic rail journey from Christchurch, and that is before you consider the self drive access as well.
View the Map
GETTING TO MARLBOROUGH
Auckland to Blenheim - 1 hour 20 minutes
Wellington to Blenheim - 25 minutes
Wellington to Picton - 25 minutes
Christchurch to Blenheim - 50 minutes
Driving times to Blenheim
From Christchurch - 4 hours 30 minutes
From Nelson – 1 hour 45 minutes
From Kaikoura – 1 hour 45 minutes
From Wellington to Picton - 3 hours 30 minutes
Need a comprehensive guide on the venues, activities and accommodation operators in the region? Then the Marlborough Conference and Incentive Planner is the perfect guide for you.
After some quick facts about conferences and incentives in Marlborough? See our fact sheet.
Need some Marlborough imagery for your website or brochure? See our image library.
Looking for a short video about Marlborough? Download a video now.
After some more information about what to see and do in the region? Download our visitor guide.
Please use the resources on these pages freely or for more tailored advice contact Jane Sutherland, Trade Development Manager, email janes@destinationmarlborough, phone +64 3 579 2307.
Venues and accommodation
The Marlborough Convention Centre is Marlborough's newest and largest conference venue. This purpose built facility in the centre of Blenheim caters for up to 750 people theatre style or 400 banquet-style. In addition Marlborough also offers numerous smaller venues, each location giving your conference that special edge with a diverse range of meeting options and recreational facilities.
Marlborough has a range of accommodation options to suit all tastes and budgets. From boutique B&Bs nestled amongst the vines and luxury lodges overlooking the Marlborough Sounds, to hotels located in the townships of Picton and Blenheim.
Venue Meeting rooms Theatre Cocktail Banquet Class room Board room Accom rooms Marlborough Convention Centre 3+ 650+ 750 360+ 264 to suit - Scenic Hotel Marlborough 2 150 200 110 75 60 54 Peppers Portage 4 80 120 80 70 40 41 Marlborough Vintners Hotel 2 220 250 150 120 30 16 Chateau Marlborough 3 50 70 40 20 30 45 Lochmara Lodge 1+ 40 80 60 25 25 14 Brancott Estate Heritage Centre 1 - 120 60 16
- Wither Hills 3 100 350 100 24 20 - - Park Regis Picton 1+
200 100 50 to suit 48 Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre 1 - 150 50 - - Bay of Many Coves Resort 1 20 30 20 20 20 17 Punga Cove 1+ 20 40 40 20 20 19
Incorporating activities into your conference programme will help boost delegate numbers and make your event memorable; Marlborough has some fantastic attractions to help you achieve this.
- Explore the hidden bays of the Marlborough Sounds, tie up in a secluded cove for a gourmet barbeque lunch with fresh seafood and award winning local wine.
- A multi-sensory experience of WW1 aviation awaits your delegates at the Omaka Aviation Heritage. Delight senses on a winery tour and discover Marlborough’s most prized culinary delights.
- Sample the famous wines from the cellar doors, even a range of boutique breweries for beer lovers and match them with regional flavours for lunch or dinner at award winning wineries and restaurants.
- Marlborough is home to numerous walkways and bush walks including the renowned Queen Charlotte Track, and local companies can lead you on eco tours, mountain bike trails, sea kayaking, fishing, sailing, diving, golfing experiences and so much more!
Marlborough offers the perfect location for an incentive group, at any time of year.
Whether you are looking for a world class wine and food event, a relaxing retreat in a Sounds resort or an extraordinary team building adventure in the high country, Marlborough can oblige. There is no better way to say thank you to your staff or customers than bringing them to New Zealand’s indulgence capital.
Marlborough also has a range of events which provide great opportunities to build incentive and special interest group tours around, see our events page