Boat Cruises / Queen Charlotte Sound
WEEKEND GET-A-WAY CRUISE, exploring and relaxing in the Queen Charlotte Sound.
Easter Weekend (18-21 April 2014)
• Walk parts of the award winning Queen Charlotte Track
• Walk through regenerated native bush and forest
• Visit Motuara Island – a bird Sanctuary Island where Robins, Tuis, Kiwis and Bellbirds live. Hear the birdsong and look out for the rare South Island Saddleback as you walk along.
• Come ashore at Ship Cove and visit the site where English explorer Captain James Cook landed. Here you will find information panels and a monument to honour Captain Cook.
• Visit the fish sanctuary at Double Cove and take part in a wonderful experience of feeding the tame fish.
• Enjoy a sumptuous traditional New Zealand BBQ dinner on board.
After a wonderful day of cruising and exploring, take some time to relax, read a book or play some board games.
We will anchor up in a sheltered bay each evening for the night.
The vessel Affinity is a homely vessel where you can feel relaxed and spoilt and the layout of the vessel has been designed with this in mind. Our crew will take care of the meals, accommodation, shore visits and activities so you can sit back and enjoy it all.
Also available for private charter, maximum 16 passengers.
Picton Ferry Terminal Jetty, Picton, Marlbrough Sounds
Phone: 0800 862 334
Fully catered. Flexible itineraries.
Want to talk to a local?
Click here to contact our iSITE Visitor Centre